<$BlogRSDURL$>

« Home | Give (Labor) Peace a Chance » | Million Dollar Babies » | Pandora's Box » | Adam's Rib » | Signs of the Times » | Football vs. Baseball » | Dangling Chad » | Whise Move » | Shuffling the Deck » | Not so Super show » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

Happy Birthday ... and a new look

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Onside Kicks. Thanks to all who have visited over the past two years. Today also marks the debut of a new look and new focus for this blog. After two years of being exclusively a pro football blog, I'm switching gears and will now be writing about all of Boston's pro sports teams.

Over the past few months, I'd grown a little bored with this blog. Last August I started a companion blog, called Extra Points, which was hosted on Blogsome, a free WordPress-based host. I enjoyed writing some longer historical pieces, but found that while I could research them during the football offseason, I had a tough time finding things to write about for Onside Kicks. I found it hard to be passionate about the NFL 365 days a year when I was following the Red Sox and Celtics with equal intensity. Since I have a real job and real-life responsibilities, blogging takes some extra effort and dedication. Without passion, it isn't enjoyable. So I'm abandoning Extra Points and refocusing Onside Kicks on just the Boston teams.

The Patriots will still be a frequent topic, but the Red Sox and Celtics will also take up considerable space. The Bruins will get limited coverage since I am a very casual hockey follower. And I'm sure I'll still find room to discuss some national issues.

I hope you enjoy this new direction too.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates