<$BlogRSDURL$>

« Home | Start spreading the news (maybe) » | Golden Boy » | New comments system » | Some Change will do you good » | Surf and Turf » | Thank You » | How 'bout that Cowboy? » | Flutie done? » | Dysfunctional Greed » | Follow you, Follow me » 

Sunday, March 27, 2005 

Booknotes

Saw an interesting book while perusing Barnes & Noble yesterday (the "brick-n-mortar" version, not the web site). The Sporting News pro football draft encyclopedia lists every NFL draft by year, by team, and by player, with an all-time alphabetical list at the end of the book. It's an interesting idea, though I didn't spend 25 bucks to buy it. I normally wait for reference books to hit the bargain book bin before buying them. I figure I can find the information on the web somewhere if I really need it, and hard-copy reference books become out-of-date the minute they are printed. Case in point: copies of the Encyclopedia Britannica 2004 Almanac weren't exactly selling briskly yesterday, even at the low, low price of $2.98 (~75% off).

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates