<$BlogRSDURL$>

« Home | Draft Pick Values » | Going Long » | 57 Channels... » | Share and share alike » | Feeling a Draft » | Out Like a Lion? » | Quarterback Scramble » | Sapp walks the plank » | I'm Back » | Boston to Miami » 

Sunday, April 18, 2004 

Trade up?

Following up on the draft pick value chart I wrote about last time, the Patriots first few picks currently look like this:


1st round, 21 = 800
1st round, 32 = 590
2nd round, 56 = 340
2nd round, 63 = 276
3rd round, 95 = 120
4th round, 113 = 68


Which means that if they packaged 21, 63, and 113, that would add up to 1144 points, which translates to just below the 13th pick in the draft (worth 1150 points). I speculated about such a deal two weeks ago (April 3).

However, I'm not sure I completely trust these types of charts. First, they don't take supplemental draft picks into account. But more than that, I'm suspicious that in some drafts you see "plateaus" of players; i.e. a group from 28 to 58 that are all pretty much the same. Identifing those areas is harder to do with a simple chart.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates